The TATSUTA Approach to Quality
Along with providing excellent products that are useful and safe, TATSUTA also strives to achieve harmony with the earth’s environment in a variety of ways throughout our business activities.
Having acquired ISO9001 and ISO14001, the international standards for quality and the environment, these standards form the base for our continuing active implementation of quality control and environmental preservation initiatives.
In order to implement the ISO9001 and ISO14001 editions for 2015, we integrated our quality and environmental policies in line with the key points behind a revision of standards and those initiatives.
Moreover, we implemented measures aimed at improving employee awareness and have aggressively pursued environmental preservation initiatives.
Based on our core businesses of electric wire/cable and electronic materials and with overwhelming vitality and speed, TATSUTA will continuously and proactively take up the development of businesses that will lead the next generation. At the same time, we will also promote a consolidated management that is both highly conscientious and transparent, so that we may create sustainable growth and improve long-term corporate value, as well as consider global environmental problems while providing products and services with characteristics that will meet customer needs and thus also contribute to the sustainable growth and development of society.
Corporate Code of Conduct
- By devoting ourselves to creative and novel ideas and with an indomitable spirit, we shall develop technology and products demanded by society and our customers providing useful, safe, and superior products and services.
- In every aspect of our business activities we shall seek to bring harmony between the environment and human life, recognizing that conserving the global environment is one of the most important issues faced by all peoples of the world and thus, must be a basic element of our management approach.
- We shall respect the character and individuality of our employees, ensuring a safe and comfortable work environment rich in diversity.
- We shall establish good and sound relations with interested parties outside the company, including stockholders, clients and local communities.
- We shall observe domestic and international laws, as well as in-house rules, in conducting fair corporate activities according to social norms and morals.
- We shall appropriately and fairly disclose information related to our corporate activities so as to enhance management transparency.
Quality and Environmental Policy
- In order to ensure that the Corporate Principles are upheld and in line with our Corporate Code of Conduct, we will implement initiatives that continuously and appropriately improve the business process, improve products and services, and promote environmental preservation.
- Based on the requirements for the ISO standards, we will build quality / environment management systems and by implementing these systems, comply with applicable laws and customer requirements.
- TATSUTA will identify risks which must be addressed and by responding to them, take up initiatives that will improve quality, prevent pollution, and preserve the environment.
- TATSUTA will maintain its quality and environment management systems and continuously work to improve performance through the PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Action) cycle.
TATSUTA Electric Wire & Cable Company
Hirohito Miyashita, President
Quality Assurance System
Based on the ISO9001 Quality Management System (QMS), each business unit and group company within TATSUTA has built their own QMS as it applies to their business and are now operating under these systems.
To determine companywide policy and quality targets, as well as address various quality related issues and initiatives, information is exchanged through Management Review (MR) and a series of regular meetings, and we also audit the status of QMS implementation at business units and Group companies.
Quality Improvement Activities
In the TATSUTA Electric Wire and Cable Division, it is our belief that maintaining the glow of vitality in our products, employees and our company is crucial to maintaining continuous growth. Thus we have built a streamlined process from product development to manufacturing and sales, rolling out activities that will allow us to provide our customers with an uninterrupted flow of quality products.
We call these activities our “Kira Kira Initiative”, as kira kira means to glow or shine in Japanese, and as part of this initiative, we carry out such activities as internal and external Instruction Forums, Group Company Presentation Meetings, and others. Through these activities, employees can improve their skill levels while applying themselves wholeheartedly to their jobs, working to improve quality, creating products that will satisfy our customers from all aspects of QCD (quality, cost, and delivery).
This same approach is also followed in our System Electronics Division. We are able to work on various improvements through our QC Circle activities and by having employees report on the results of these activities in presentation meetings held twice a year, “Kaizen” (improvement activity) awareness is heightened and improvement ideas can be shared.
- For inquiries about company information