Equipment Wire and Cable
a valuable contribution to high level factory automation (FA).
TATSUTA’s product portfolio for industrial uses.
TATSUTA manufactures cable using an independently developed special high-strength copper alloy wire. While maintaining high conductivity, this wire boasts a tensile strength and repetitive bending strength twice that of general alloy wire and its superior flex durability ensures long life. TATSUTA is able to customize proposals for industrial robots, as well as any of a variety of scenarios where flexible cable is needed.
* On January 1, 2019, TATSUTA ELECTRIC WIRE AND CABLE CO., LTD. transferred and assigned its business of manufacturing and selling appliance cable related products that use high-strength copper alloy to its wholly owned subsidiary, Tatsuta Tachii Electric Cable Co., Ltd.
KORIKI™ High-Strength Cable (UL Standards)Meets UL standards
TATSUTA has developed a high-strength copper alloy wire that is remarkably superior to pure copper wire in tensile strength and repetitive bending strength. This wire helps provide drastically improved flex durability in our high-strength robot cable. As a cable for industrial robot and automated machinery usage, we firmly believe that this product will satisfactorily meet customer expectations. It is also possible to customize the product to meet the needs of the customer.
- Fine wire made of high-strength copper alloy to provide superior flex and twist durability used for conductors.
- Tensile strength 2.2 times higher than pure copper wire.
- Available insulation types include heat resistant vinyl and cross-linked polyethylene insulation, as well as ETFE (ethylene tetrafluoroethylene resin) insulation with high bending durability.
- Shielding with high flex durability and high flexibility available, depending on application and usage conditions.
- In many usage conditions, the standard heat and oil resistant, low friction vinyl sheath is applicable. There is also other sheathing with outstanding weld spatter and flame retardancy, as well as special sheathing with solvent resistance and low outgassing properties.
- Complies with RoHS Directive* Eco-friendly (halogen free) type also available
- Restriction on Hazardous Substances (environmental regulation restricting use of specific hazardous substances)
- RoHS2 Compliance pending
- Certified under UL standards
Characteristics of High-Strength Copper Alloy
The conductor used in high-strength cable is a high-strength copper alloy independently developed by TATSUTA.
Using oxygen-free copper as a base, minute amounts of iron, phosphorous, and special elements are added to the copper alloy, which is processed using a highly effective heat treatment method to provide superior tensile strength, repetitive bending strength and conductivity.
- Main Characteristics
Material Tensile strength
Annealed electric copper wire 23 1.0 times 98％ General copper alloy (tin) 34 1.5 times 60％ Copper alloy used in high-strength cable 52 2.2 times 80％
- Conductor size
AWG size 28 26 25 23 21 19 17 15 13 Nominal cross-section
0.1 0.15 0.2 0.3 0.5 0.75 1.25 2 3.5 Composition
Product Types and Comparison
TATSUTA can propose the optimal cable depending on your application and usage conditions.
|Grade||Cable model no.||Conductor||Insulation||Sheath||No. of flex cycles until
complete wire breakage
20 million cycles
50 million cycles
|-||Pure copper||Vinyl||Vinyl||5 million cycles|
*Test parameters are independently developed by TATSUTA. Values shown are reference values, not warranty values.
Cable Symbols and Structures
［Example］ Standard UL2854 high-strength cable,
vinyl insulation with vinyl sheath braided shield, 25AWG x 10 pairs
- Characteristics of shielding materials
Symbol Material type Feature Shielding
Flex durability Flexibility Thin diameter SB braided shield SW served shield SBH braided shield made by strings of copper foil SWH served shield made by strings of copper foil KS shielding each pairs
*Excellent Good Average
- Standard type (vinyl insulation, vinyl sheath)
Model no. Rating Conductor size (Upper: AWG, Lower: SQ) 28 26 25 23 21 19 17 15 13 0.1 0.15 0.2 0.3 0.5 0.75 1.25 2 3.5 UL2854-OHR-PCVV UL2854-OHFR-PCVV(-SB) 80℃ 30V UL2854-OHFR-PCPVV-SB 80℃ 30V UL2464-OHFR-PCVV(-SB) UL2464-OHFR-PCPVV-SB 80℃ 300V UL2501-OHFR-PCVV(-SB) 105℃ 600V
- High-grade type (ETFE insulation, vinyl sheath)
Model no. Rating Conductor size (Upper: AWG, Lower: SQ) 28 26 25 23 21 19 17 15 13 0.1 0.15 0.2 0.3 0.5 0.75 1.25 2 3.5 UL2854-OHR-PCTV UL2854-OHFR-PCTV(-SB) 80℃ 30V UL2854-OHFR-PCPTV-SB 80℃ 30V UL2464-OHFR-PCTV(-SB) UL2464-OHFR-PCPTV-SB 80℃ 300V UL2501-OHFR-PCTV(-SB) 105℃ 600V
- Special type (Vinyl/ETFE insulation, vinyl sheath)
Model no. Rating Conductor size (Upper: AWG, Lower: SQ) 28 26 25 23 21 19 17 15 13 0.1 0.15 0.2 0.3 0.5 0.75 1.25 2 3.5 PCVU(-SB) PCTU(-SB) -
High-Strength Cable Applications
- Thin High-Strength Cable
- High-strength slip cable
- Spatter-resistant high-strength cable
- Antimicrobial electric wire
- For inquiries about Equipment Wire and Cable