The group companies are those listed in the company profile on the website of Tatsuta Electric Wire & Cable Co., Ltd.
1. Internal system
The TATSUTA Group establishes an appropriate internal system regarding the handling of personal information of its customers, business partners, shareholders, and applicants for employment (hereinafter, collectively “customers”), by appointing a manager and under his/her instruction, to appropriately protect, manage, and respond to customer inquiries including requests for disclosure, correction, etc. of personal information.
2. Purposes of use of personal information
The TATSUTA Group will use the personal information provided by customers for the following purposes. If it becomes necessary to use the information beyond the scope of the following purposes, the Group will use it only after contacting the customer and obtaining his/her consent. However, the TATSUTA Group will not acquire a customer’s personal number stipulated in the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures (hereinafter, “My Number Act”).
- To respond to inquiries
- To contact customers to confirm necessary information for shipping their purchased products and/or providing products or services
- To fulfil procedures associated with payment for product sales or service provision
- To introduce requested products
- To register, distribute, confirm, and take other actions for the e-mail delivery service and other services provided through the TATSUTA Group website (including services using SNS)
- To send the requested e-mail newsletter
- To respond to and provide information on the use of facilities
- To contact, respond to, and manage our business partners (including potential partners; hereinafter, the same shall apply)
- To manage and serve shareholders as stipulated in the Companies Act, etc.
- To provide information on recruitment, selection, and questionnaires to the applicants for employment
- To create statistical data in a form that does not identify individuals to improve TATSUTA Group’s product development and marketing activities
See the lower part of this page regarding the purposes of use of employees’ personal information.
3. Shared use
The TATSUTA Group may share personal data (excluding specific personal information) provided by customers as follows. However, the data will not be shared beyond the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use.
- Articles of personal information to be shared Customer’s attribute information such as company information, affiliation, position, address, name, telephone number, fax number, age, gender, e-mail address, etc., as well as the contents of information and inquiries provided
- Scope of the shared users TATSUTA Group
- Purposes of use by the shared users Purposes of use described in “2. Purposes of use of personal information”
- The company responsible for the management of shared personal data TATSUTA Electric Wire & Cable Co., Ltd.
4. Management and protection of personal information
In handling personal information, the TATSUTA Group will manage it appropriately, strive to prevent risks such as unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification, and leakage to outside, and implement an appropriate and reasonable level of safety measures. In the event of an accident, corrective action shall be promptly taken.
5. Provision of personal information to third parties
The TATSUTA Group will not disclose or provide any personal information of customers to third parties other than its outsourced contractors without the consent of the customer. However, this does not apply if there is a valid reason, such as if it is stipulated as an exception in Article 23, Paragraph 1 of the Personal Information Protection Act, if disclosure is required by law, if the handling of personal information is consigned to the outsourced contractors, or if the above-mentioned shared use is performed.
Specific personal information will not be provided to any third parties, regardless of the consent of the customers, except the outsourced contractors, and in accordance with the My Number Act, and other laws and regulations.
6. Management of the outsourced contractors
The TATSUTA Group will instruct and supervise its outsourced contractors to whom personal information is disclosed in accordance with the preceding paragraph by concluding an appropriate contract and ensuring appropriate handling and protection of personal information of customers.
7. Disclosure, correction, and suspension of use of personal information
If you wish to disclose, correct, add, delete, suspend the use of, or suspend the provision to third parties of your personal data held by the TATSUTA Group, please contact us through the Contact Form below. We will promptly handle requests within a reasonable range after verifying the identity of the requesting person. However, this does not apply if the TATSUTA Group deems that the request may infringe on the rights of other third parties, significantly hinder the proper business activities of the Group, or violate the law.
8. Compliance with laws and regulations
The TATSUTA Group will comply with laws and regulations, and other norms regarding personal information.
9. Continuous improvement of personal information protection system
10. Dissemination, thorough efforts and education
Please send your inquiries on personal information using the following Contact Form.
Purposes of use of employees’ personal information
Assuming to use it for the following purposes, the TATSUTA Group may collect personal information of its officers or those in a similar position, and employees in any position engaged in the Group’s business (hereinafter, collectively “employees”). When we use employee’s personal information (except personal number stipulated in the Act on the Use of Numbers for Identifying a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures (hereinafter, “My Number Act”) for other than the following purposes, we will obtain the prior consent of the subject employee.
- Personal information (except personal number) directly collected from the employee himself/herself by the TATSUTA Group will be mainly used for personnel and labor affairs, calculation, determination, and payment of compensation, training, dismissal or retirement, other management of employment and performance, due implementation of proper business operations, and contact with the employees by the Group.
- In addition to the above, the TATSUTA Group may collect employee’s personal information (except personal number) through the head of their department or the human resources division, for the purpose of using it for personnel and labor affairs, training, dismissal or retirement, other management of employment and performance, and due implementation of proper business operations.
- The TATSUTA Group may also provide the personal information (except personal number) obtained above to the companies to which the employee is temporarily seconded or transferred, to the extent necessary for labor management at the assigned company there.
- The TATSUTA Group will use health information (health diagnosis results, medical history, and other health-related matters) of employees only for the purposes that are deemed to be beneficial to the employees, such as maintaining and improving their health.
The TATSUTA Group, according to the My Number Act, will use personal number of employees only within the scope necessary for the following clerical work.
- Clerical work to prepare legal records regarding salary, retirement allowance, and retirement pension
- Clerical work for employment insurance notification
- Clerical work for health insurance and welfare pension insurance notification
- Clerical work for the notification of the third insured person of the national pension
- Clerical work to prepare documents for compensation, fees, contract money, and prize payment
- Other clerical work related to personal number stipulated by laws and regulations
- The TATSUTA Group will not return personal information of employees to the subject individual even after his/her retirement, but will responsibly dispose of information that has achieved its purposes of use.
Established on December 1, 2020